Monday 23 February 2009

Judge a book by its author



I love reading and when I find an author I like, I tend to read everything that they have written. But there comes the moment when there is nothing new to read, I have read their total output. So what do you do next? Well a guy called Marek Gibney has put together a literature map. Click here to give it a go. More specifically, it is a self adapting, community based system, which changes to reflect the views and likes of the community. The big idea is that you put in an author you like and it shows you other authors who are similar or who it thinks you will like. The closer they are, the more likely you are to like their work and if you see someone new between two you like, then you are onto a good thing. It is not totally accurate, but is pretty quirky and I would recommend giving it a go, who knows where it might lead you...
And if you are not into reading, dont worry, he has done it for music and films as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment