Wednesday 11 March 2009

Don’t just ski, satski

I have just got back from the slopes so this explains a bit of my thinking. Satski have a very cool new gadget. It is a sat-nav that works in ski resorts. Find out where you are, plan your routes and check your speeds. The big idea behind this is more than just a gadget. You can download the software to your phone, but the unit or have a tracker that downloads data to your computer. This is a fabulous invention as it shows how far you have gone and how fast, something that is often debated and added to with fisherman style stories of speed and enormous distances covered. You can also link up with buddies and see where they are, are they really on their way or skiing an extreme couloir, or are they already in the bar? It allows you to see how fast you went and I would not be surprised if the future versions link in with heart rate monitors etc to say how many calories you have burnt, though the heavy lunch might negate any weight loss. As a competitive person I love this and wish I could have had one to compete with my brother when we were younger, but on balance it is probably a good thing we did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment