Monday 11 January 2010

What's ina Name?


So what’s in a name? Quite a lot really. Modern brands make them worth millions and negative connotations can kill them. When did you last meet someone called Adolf? Over the last few weeks, I have been receiving invites from people to link up with them on Naymz It is trying to become the new Linked in. But there is a problem: there is already a Linked in and I think it is pretty good. I use linked in a fair it and have built up a good network, so why do I want to join a new one. It is unlikely I will find any new people and is it really going to be that different?

The big barrier for me is all about being a beginner. I love to ski and can get down pretty much anything, so why would I want to become a beginner to try snowboarding. It might be new (well not anymore) and trendy and better in places, but I just don’t want to go through the pain to get good when I have already got what I need. So I am saying no to Naymz, I wonder how many more will? And with the lifeblood of a new social network being people joining up and hence spreading the word, will it ever hit the critical velocity needed to make it work?

No comments:

Post a Comment